Got Matta's? Get your favorite Mexican food at one of our locations!

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

It's a sign!

Well there it is...finally, a sign! The first one on the front of the building went up today. Can't open without a sign, huh? We still have a few to go. Hopefully they will be up soon.


Wonder what's going on inside? Well the beautiful cabinetry is being installed behind the bar and at the server stations by Burdette Cabinets. The patio wall has stucco now & will be painted soon, the roof tiles are there and ready to get put into place and the outside will soon be painted. We just got our flooring put down in our office so we can soon start putting it together. Okay it's still a detail...we have some toilets too!


I'm still working on restoring decorative things, it's been very time consuming, but I like it. Heck, I will probably still be working on some of it after we open, so don't be surprised if some of our walls are bare. It will all go up sometime, the most important thing is getting open so we can all eat!


I heard a rumor last week, someone told one of our servers at the place she is currently working, that the reason for the hold up of our restaurant opening is that the divorce has to finalize first. They claimed to 'know' someone in the family (Ha!). Well let me be the first to say that any kind of rumor like that is a total LIE. This is the ONLY place...well and Matta's on twitter & facebook or speak to Peter & myself in person, that you will hear about what is happening with Matta's Grill & Cantina. I have to say, Peter and I thought it was a little funny that someone would make that up, although it's not so nice for our children to hear. So whoever makes this stuff up, stop.
Ending on a good note, we are sooo excited that we will open soon. I will keep you all posted here as to when things will happen...so stay tuned!

5 comments:

Elliot M said...

All I can say is WOW, WOW, WOW!

Missy's said...

Ah....Looking at that sign brings a little lump to my throat. Can't wait. :)

Unknown said...

Congrats Pete, I hope I can get to AZ soon to try this place out!

Larry S. said...

Brian is now home from Iraq. Tomorrow (Saturday 6-25) we are going to the Brown & Higley location. Will go to the new one on opening day.

Ging said...

Each week when we go to the movie, I have to check the progress..I am soooo excited for you guys to open! My family (Wright) has been going to Matta's when I was still in my mom's womb! I was so sad when the old one closed. :( It was a traditon...every birtday, after attending the temple, or just when we got the urge for the best hot sauce, we headed to Matta's! It will be a hapy day when the new resturant opens!!!!!!!!